Thursday, March 1, 2012

“When I was 3 ½ I had a dream about your daddy. He was flying with his eyes closed.” Autumn casually mentioned this just after we dropped off Sage and Lindsey at school this morning. Earlier, we had been discussing dying for some reason and it’s as though it jogged a memory of hers, a memory I had never heard of before. I couldn’t help but think it was the energy of my father somehow finding its way thorough the only channel it could, through that of a child’s mind. Kids have a way of opening up to the unknown world and accepting it in a way that adults cannot. I love being with Autumn because she has a way about her that is remarkable, she reminds me to slow down which has never been my forte.

Purple Cake Day was being celebrated today at Farmer’s and we decided to make our way down there to join the crowd. With Sage’s help, Autumn dressed up in purple from head to toe and off we went. Little did we know that all of her nurses from Sierra were there at the booth, face painting and selling goodies to help those less fortunate in Nepal. I love how people can make a difference when they are in the mood to do so. This organization sounds wonderful and we were happy to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment