Wednesday, February 15, 2012

“Oh that stuff makes you feel really bad, doesn’t it?” Autumn said as she leaned over the chair seated next to our neighbor at the Cancer Care Clinic. “I remember just how it made my nose feel terrible, eeewww, does it do that to you too?” she questioned. “Not so much” said Carie, “I don’t feel a thing in my nose, but my whole body feels bad.” “I know, I remember” whispered Autumn as she stared intensely at the steel casing around the machine delivering Carie’s chemo directly into the vein on her right arm.

Although Carie didn’t need a port, the effects are still the same, loss of hair, losing weight and tons of frustration with life. I made a quick trip to the grocery store while Autumn stayed with her to talk, she was fascinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment