Saturday, March 19, 2011

We have been released, at least for now!

We are currently residing in a local hotel for the night as it was only moments ago that we walked out of the hospital, hooray!

Autumn and I will return Monday to be fitted for radiation and then again on Wednesday for placement of her "portal" for chemotherapy and removal of the staples in her tummy.

We want to thank you all for your unconditional love and support. I realize that in the coming weeks and months we may require additional understanding and patience from some of our good friends and family members as we approach an uncertain future. Trying to maintain a positive outlook for Autumn as well as Sage and Lindsey is one way in which we can attempt to alleviate additional stress in their lives. I know the path won't be easy, but Autumn is such a beautiful and strong little girl who is full of so much life. As my friend Tracy said, "she will have those nurses and doctors charmed in no time", she was right! :)

The nurses and doctors that we worked with offered us a their patience and time and support as well. Many of you have expressed concern regarding her pathology reports and getting a second opinion on what we may be dealing with. We have been told that Wilm's is fairly straightforward, and that at least one if not TWO more panels of pathologists will take a look at at the slides and a portion of the tumor. It will also go to a research institution that deals with Wilm's specifically, so at this moment, we feel fairly confident that she is in good hands.

I worry about the coming months as I know it won't be easy. I have been told more than once that the potion she will be given, DD4-a is relatively mild in the world of chemotherapy...hard to imagine if you consider pouring Drano directly into the vena cava of your four year old "mild", but I'll take what I can get!

Autumn has wonderful sisters all all of you and she will make it through this!

Love, Autumn and her family

3 comments:

  1. YEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya Autumn, see you tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there isn't a lot I can do from here, but if you need a sympathetic ear late at night...I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will continue to pray for your daughter and your family. Kiny and Lloyd are good friends.

    ReplyDelete