Sunday, December 11, 2011

As I walked into the bathroom of our hotel located in the lovely Mission Hills, Autumn looked up at me with a big smile on her face from the nice warm bath in which she had relaxed so completely. I noticed her slender body covered by so many little bruises and her dime-sized "bump" located on the right side of her left chest. I remember one of the nurses commenting that she was so easy to "access" because her port was high and covered with a thin layer of skin. For a brief moment it makes me sad to witness such innocence but so happy to know it won't last forever.

We are heading back up to Santa Barbara today for a holiday party at Cottage Hospital. It will be nice to again be surrounded by other families who understand and sympathize with our situation. Autumn has a beautiful white dress on today to celebrate this gorgeous Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment