Sunday, July 3, 2011

Only five left...that's about all the eyelashes Autumn has left covering her beautiful brown eyes. She came to me this morning with mascara asking if I would put it on her. Until that point, I hadn't realized just how few she had left. She has only one eyelash on her left eye and four on the right, that's it! I did the best I could, I made that left eyelash as dark as possible given what I had to work with, and she seemed satisfied. How adorable she was, with one dark, thick eyelash and her blue eyeshadow scattered over her little nose and both eyes.

I love her and her innocence, the manner in which she can live each day without regard to her condition. It is as if she doesn't see herself as having anything wrong with her and for that I am forever grateful!

On another note, our beloved Aunt Janet and Uncle Bob came into town today. They flew into LAX then we drove to Santa Barbara to pick them up, what a beautiful day it was. It was so nice to be going to Santa Barbara for another purpose. Autumn, Sage and Lindsey were so happy to see them as was I; they mean so much to us. We are planning to spend the 4th with them at our friends Greg and Andrea’s house, complete with fireworks, b-b-que and music.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!
Autumn and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment