Friday, September 30, 2011

Oh I just looked at some photos of Autumn with her hair, it made me cry! I sort of feel as though she has been robbed of her 4th year of life and if I think about it too much, it makes me really frustrated even though there isn’t a thing I can do about it. Of course while I am sitting here writing this, she is dancing in the background, wiggling her bottom and acting as silly as a four-year old can be! Who am I to judge? Perhaps since she doesn’t know any better, she cannot obsess about it not being what it should be.

We met a very sweet lady named Patt yesterday while in Trader Joe’s. She came right up to Autumn to tell her a bit about her own battle with cancer over thirty years ago when she was only 18. The doctors told her she had 6 months to live but she is alive and doing very well today! We went to Mexico to try an experimental drug at the time (not sure what that was) and returned cured! She told Autumn that she lost all of her hair too and not to worry, it all comes back! Again, it’s the way we are with one another in these trying times, why aren’t we always like this??? Autumn loves the love everyone has shown her, it is truly amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juliet, It is Nicola from Grandmother's House! We moved to Austria and my son is Matthew! Hope you are keeping strong. Praying for you and would love to send some mail to Autumn. Write me an email Louise Kraemer has my address...xo

    ReplyDelete