Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The girls were sitting in the back of the car today chatting about all sorts of things. Autumn asked me if I would brush her hair today when we returned home. Sage looked at Autumn and said, “Autumn, remember, you don’t have any hair to brush”. Oh I was bummed she said that, but Autumn’s responded with a smile and replied, “oh yeah, I forgot!”

Autumn had a rough day today for some reason. I know that chemo does wild things to her body and she can react in ways that are incredibly unpredictable. She didn’t want me to leave when I had to work (new class at Cal Poly) and it broke my heart to leave her. She was crying so hard and with such intensity that I could hardly stand it. I drove away crying cursing my class and myself for having the nerve to take on something else at this point in my life. It may be good in the long run, but sometimes the short journey to the long term goal is so painful!

We’ll be in SB tomorrow…the countdown has begun! Nine weeks beginning next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment