Sunday, October 23, 2011

A good friend recently introduced me to a book titled “When things fall apart” by Pema Chodron. I have not been able to put it down as it seems to be one of those books that speak to you when you are in terrible need of a fine teacher! Perhaps had I read this book five years ago, it wouldn’t make as much sense as it does today, it wouldn’t touch my soul as it has been able to over the past few months.

Life throws all sorts of curve balls at us all the time. We never really know what each day will bring or what expectations we should have for any moment. We can’t help but make plans, we dream about our future, about what we would love to do or not do however we really REALLY have no idea what tomorrow will bring. If that is so, then why do we find it so difficult to live in the present moment?


As she lay her sweet head on her pillow tonight, Autumn grabbed my face and placed her tiny hands over the hair that was covering my forehead and said, “Mommy, you would look so funny without hair!”. We both giggled quietly as the other girls had already fallen asleep. Oh I love moments like those; they are ones I will remember for a long time.

Nine weeks to go, that’s fabulous news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment